Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday 6 April 2003

Remember when sky-diving was dangerous and sex was safe? Yeah, things do change... Now, the lastest decease kills in one week. Comparared to that, AIDS does not look so bad anymore. It goes like:

- What do you have?
- AIDS...
- Oh, you're so lucky!
- I beg your pardon???
- Well... I mean, I am sorry for you but I've got SARS and I'll be dead next week. At least you still have, say, three to five years to prepare yourself!!!

I wonder, If I scape this one, what will come next? First, having sex became dangerous. Now kissing might kill you. Next thing you know, you might get a decease just for looking at people.

In a few years from now you will be having a conversation with your doctor:

- Yes, health seems OK but I'm afraid you will have to cut down your sex life by 50%.
- And what 50% should I avoid? Talking about sex or thinking about it???

Sounds funny? Well, it isn't... I was scared to come back to Singapore. Honestly (and amazingly), I felt safer in Thailand. Singapore has over a hundred reported cases of SARS; Thailand has two. Thirteen people already died in Singapore. In Thailand, those 2. Hospitals are better here, of course. So, should something happen, it is indeed better to be here. But still, I felt safer in Thailand. The country's reported cases were reported in the south, near Malaysia. Now the government imposed a band on people coming from infected (or black listed) countries. Meaning, I might spend sometime here. That is, if I do not die next week...

0 comments: