Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday 16 February 2003

Oh, last night wasn’t so good. I could barely sleep. The weather got a bit chilly (it’s not very common to get cold in Sao Paulo, especially during summer) and I was given a wool blanket. That triggered some allergy reaction and I was sneezing all night long. To make things worst, I could feel J was working her apprentice’s witchcraft on me. Well, it worked because I recognized the symptoms. Nothing bad, evil or mean. She’s not that good (or should I say bad?). I wonder how long this connection will last. It gets pretty tiring from time to time.

I met Fabi again today. Since we are going to Rio de Janeiro, I bought her a few clothes she didn’t have. A new bikini, a pair of light shorts and some beach t-shirts. We had lunch together before heading to the mall. Food was really nice but I could not finish my Salmon. I have been eating very little and made the silly mistake of having a salad before the main course. Doesn’t sound much, does it? Well, it wasn’t but it spoiled my lunch just the same.

I feel somewhat sorry for J. I mean, everyone in the family got to be with me for at least a moment. Even her grandmother. I really tried to avoid this. I told everyone to keep it hush-hush that I was near, but they told her just the same. Her mother said she had a letter J wrote for me. I did not want it. Just told her to tell J she had forgotten to deliver it. This kind of thing doesn’t make me proud, but I really do not want contact with her. Not yet.

But I keep telling everyone I have nothing against her and wish her all the best, which is very true. I just don’t want to meet her. But this will pass, and with time we’ll be friends. I have always believed in friendship after relationships. The way I see it, she is the one person that knows me like no one else. Wouldn’t it make sense to have her as a friend? But it doesn’t depend only on me. It’s a mutual thing.

In the afternoon, VM and I went to FNAC for CD shopping. I bought over 20 CDs. Most Brazilian stuff I did not find in Singapore. On the way back home she criticized me for the way I have been analyzing Brazilian girls. I’ve been telling her my impressions on the trip and how I could not even see a girl I could possibly be interested in. How I felt like a stranger in my own country and how used I was to the good life in Singapore or even Thailand. I think she got upset. I think she over reacted and was a bit harsh on me but I promised to be more understanding with the country from now on.

We got home and listened to the CDs I bought. I was planning to go to Hooters Brazil, but Rê, our former secretary in Genesys Brazil, did not return my call and it’s getting a bit late. I am running out of batteries. Maybe I will call it off and postpone it. Tomorrow Monique, my travel agent, will call so we can arrange my tickets to Rio and Sao Luiz and I will have to wake up early.

Speaking of "Monique's", the other Monique, my Romanian “girlfriend”, did not reply to my email and hasn’t been online for some time. Maybe she is traveling too? I am getting a bit worried…

0 comments: