Subscribe:

Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2003

It’s time for another brief update. My internet access from Rio de Janeiro has been very limited, not for technical reasons (though connection can be as slow as in Bangkok) but mostly because I have been pretty busy. We (Fabi and I) arrived last Monday night after a 40 minutes flight that was one hour delayed due to the heavy rain in Sao Paulo. Mila picked us up at the airport and brought us to my Mom’s house. After the chatting about plans for the next day, we went for dinner at a near by restaurant.

Yesterday morning Fabi and I went to Copacabana. The beach was very nice, lot’s of beautiful girls in bikinis so small they would probably look more decent if totally naked. Hmmm... That’s the way (a-ha, a-ha) I like it!!! We were there until noon when the sun was waaaay to hot to bear. Then, afternoon was ‘visit-family’ time.

Mila, ever so kind, took us to Duque de Caxias (a city neighbor to Rio) where my Aunt, my father’s sister, lives. Then we went even further to a place called Imbariê (haha, I would love to see my English speaking colleagues trying to say that). Another Aunt, one of my mother’s sister, lives there. It was nice to see them again, after so many years, even when they started discussing those ‘oh so boring’ family matters that make absolutely no sense to me anymore.

Later in the day we had dinner with my cousin. He has always been this good looking fellow everyone loves. Thought it would be incorrect to state we grew up together, it’s fair to say we were somewhat close because I would spend weekends (or, during school vacations, entire weeks) in his house. I always admired him and despite the fact that we do not communicate much nowadays, whenever I have a chance to visit Brazil, I look him up to catch up with the news. I like him a lot and tonight we’re going to have dinner together again. Yesterday it was just Fabi and I, but tonight we are going to be all the gang, moms and all. Should be fun.

This morning I woke up a bit late, it was 8:15am already. Fabi and I went to the beach again (too much sun for me, but she wanted to go so…). Following my mom’s advice, we took a bus to get there. Big mistake. It tooks us more than an hour to get there. When we finally arrived, it was almost time to return. That wasn’t so nice. Next time, I’ll just do what I feel appropriate! Humph! After we returned I took some pictures of her. She really looks gorgeous. Reminds me a lot of J. Now, we are resting while I type. I’ll upload later… Let me get back to her now, she needs my attention…

0 comments: