Subscribe:

Pages

Monday 23 February 2004

My Baby Girl

Oh, yes! She is still my Baby Girl and I love her more and more each day. Last week we had a few (Hmmm... What is the word I am looking for?) minor disagreements... She was under a lot of pressure and so was I. I was missing her terribly and she was very busy chasing university and stuff. As a result, she could not talk much and I felt abandoned. But we talked about it and it was all resolved. Oh, isn't it wonderful when people can talk in a civilized manner?

Talking with J was extremely difficult. She would get defensive or aggressive, always trying to twist things around to make it look like I was the bad guy and she was the poor innocent girl.

Yulia is more mature. She will listen, analyze without heated arguments, acknowledge her own faults and help me see mine without judging me or making me feel bad. When she is right, we both agree. When I am, we agree on that too.

There was one time we were on the phone (these phone calls are so heavy on my pocket but I just can't help it - I gotta talk to her) and she raised her voice. Not violently but still enough for me to notice she was getting stressed. I paused for a moment ad said in a gentle voice:

- There is no need for you to raise your voice, Baby Girl. If you don't want to talk anymore we can talk later.

She apologised so much I felt bad about it. I said it was ok and she said "No. It is not ok. I am so sorry, please forgive me." How can I possibly not love her?

I hope it will be like this forever...

"You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one"... (Lennon)

0 comments: