Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday 5 June 2003

I went to bed 1:00am and woke up 6:30am. As you would expect, I am very sleepy still. I admire people who sleep three or four hours per night and still be active. My ex-wife has an uncle, not too old, maybe in his mid forties, who needs only three to four hours of sleep per night. He says if he forces himself to sleep more, he ends up with muscle aches. And he is this calm and peaceful guy... If I don't get at least seven hours of deep sleep (I'm talking REM here, not a nap) during the night, I get grumpy and jumpy and have a hard time concentrating! Erm... Ok, ok! That's me all time, sleep or not. But, oh, how I envy him...

Think about it. Most of us sleep in average 8 hours a night. In our 24 hour day, that represents 1/3 of our available time. Now, think about ALL the things you've done and seen and imagine how much more you could have done if you didn't have to sleep! Reminds me of the latest Bond movie. Do you remember the Korean general's son? The crook? He didn't sleep. All he needed was a couple of minutes in the 'dream inducing machine' (yeah, they say you HAVE to dream or you go crazy. Sleeping is not important, dreaming is).

Anyway, I'll leave you with an old tune that goes somewhat like this:

"What's in a dream?
Is it all the things you'd like to have been?
All the places that you haven't yet seen?
Tell me what's in dream..."

0 comments: